Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fried Chicken


I decided to try this fried chicken after seeing it on one of Bobby Flay's throwdown show this weekend.  This recipe comes from Gillian Clark that won the throwdown to Bobby Flay putting him still to beat someone with his fried chicken (his third attempt).
This turned out sooo good and it is now my fried chicken that I will be making from now on.

Hope you decide to try it. It is a very easy recipe and very satisfying!  :)  Thanks Gillian!

RECIPE:

chicken (I used one pack of all legs because that is what the kids love!)

Marinate chicken in the following;
1 quart of buttermilk
1/2 cup of Franks red hot thick pepper sauce (I didn't measure and I know I added more than 1/2 cup as I love spicy food! *wink*)
6-8 cloves of garlic (pressed)
 Marinate the chicken 24 hours in refrigerator

For the flour mixutre all I did was all purpose flour, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag

Turn on oven to 350
drain chicken and let sit while you prep the flour mixture and warm up the corn oil in a skillet over med. heat. 
Once oil is hot add 1 stick of butter and let heat again,  then add your chicken one at a time in the flour mix. bag and shake off excess flour and add to your hot oil. don't over crowd your chicken or it will stick together.  Cook skin side down first for 10-12 minutes and turn once and cook another 10 minutes.  Add your cooked chicken to a wire rack on a cooking sheet to drip (I used my broiler pan). Once all the chicken is fried you will add the broiler pan to the oven and cook 10-15 minutes.

Thats it!  Very easy and simple.. it turns out crunchy and so moist!

No comments:

Post a Comment