Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pasta Fagioli

I thought I would try my husbands favorite childhood dish that his mother would make him.  I found this recipe on a group I am in and thought this would be perfect!


These are the ing. used.. Beef broth, pasta, marinera sauce, diced canned tomatoes, white beans, kidney beans, tabasco.

Brown the beef then add the chopped carrots, celery and onion and saute for about 8 minutes.


This is with everything added!  I also added some garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.



Bon Appetite!  My pasta fagioli... yumm!!!

Recipe below:


PASTA FAGIOLI-

makes 12 servings (cut recipe in half for smaller families)

3 tsp. veggie oil
2 lbs. ground beef
12 oz. onion; chopped
14 oz carrots; diced
14 oz. celery; diced
48 oz. tomatoes; canned & diced
2 cups cooked red kidney beans (I used canned beans and it worked just fine)
2 cups cooked white kidney beans (I used canned white beans and worked fine)
88 oz. beef stock
3 tsp oregano
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp pepper and salt
1-2 tsp tabasco sauce
5 tsp chopped parsley
48 oz. marina sauce
8 oz. dry pasta shell macaroni or other pasta

Saute beef in oil in large 10 qts. pot until beef starts to brown.  Add onions, carrots, celery and onions and saute for 8 mins.  add tomatoes and simmer for about 10 mins. Drain and rinse beans and add to the pot.  Also add beef stock, oregano, pepper, salt, tabasco, garlic powder, marina sauce, and noodles.  Add chopped parsley.
Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 mins.  Makes 9 qts. of soup!
Serve with toasted french bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment