Monday, July 25, 2011

Cone-olis


Above: I didn't know how to get these cones to set when I dipped them in chocolate.  I had just used the last egg in my carton and thought.. "hey, this could work!"  I turned it over and poked little holes with my finger and inserted the cones. Doesn't take much room and I can do a dozen at a time.  :)


The final result!
These were shown in the Food Network magazine but I did my filling different and added the dipped chocolate edges to the cones.  These were gone before I could get out the door.  They are topped with grated chocolate and chopped pistachios. YUM!  A favorite for sure.
Recipe below:

  • 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (about 2 ounces)
  • 6 sugar cones
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios

Directions

Put the ricotta in a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl. Refrigerate 30 minutes to drain.
Transfer the ricotta to a large bowl. Add the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and almond extracts, and the orange zest and beat with a mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute. Fold in 3 tablespoons chopped chocolate. Cover and refrigerate until thick and cold, at least 1 hour.
Transfer the ricotta mixture to a resealable plastic bag. Snip off one corner and pipe the mixture into the cones. Gently press the remaining chocolate and the pistachios into the ricotta mixture. Dust the cones with confectioners' sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment